“COOL KIDS” – group treatment for children with Anxiety
‘Cool Kids’ is a well researched anxiety treatment program aimed at children aged between 7-12 years suffering with anxiety. It was developed through Macquarie University in the 1990s and is a structured, skills-based program that teaches children and their parents how to better manage anxiety (both children and parents participate).
The program has undergone continual scientific evaluation and development and is based on the latest theoretical work in understanding anxiety and its treatment.
Areas covered in the program:
– Learning about feelings and anxiety
– Detective thinking, and learning to think more realistically
– Coping skills for managing anxious moments
– Fighting fears by facing fear (stepladders)
– Problem solving
– Building assertiveness and confidence
– Parenting techniques for managing anxiety in children
The program runs for 10 weeks (2 hours per week)
NEXT PROGRAM DATES: Our next Cool Kids program starts on 18th May, 2013.
To register your interest in this program, or to find out more information please contact us on email@example.com