For appointments and enquiries call us on 6372 6923

Child Psychology Treatment Services

Mudgee Psychology is able to offer intervention programs and treatment for children and adolescents for a range of emotional, social and behavioural difficulties. A child psychologist will employ specific techniques and approaches that are applicable to working with children, and will engage the parents to become part of the treatment / intervention as appropriate.

In the initial consultation the psychologist will assess the child and talk to the parent/s to better understand how to tackle the key issues and present a plan that includes specific goals and evidence based treatment approaches.

We can work with children and adolescents in a range of areas including:

  • Childhood anxiety – fears, OCD, separation anxiety, social anxiety, generalised anxiety and worry
  • Excessive sadness – childhood depression or grief and loss
  • Adjustment issues, especially following a move, divorce or other significant events
  • Childhood trauma
  • Sleep issues
  • Anger management and frustration tolerance
  • Bullying and friendship issues, social skills and assertiveness
  • Autism and Aspergers
  • Resilience building
  • ADHD and ADD (attention deficit disorders)
  • School refusal
  • Behaviour difficulties
  • Self harm or suicidal thinking

Family Therapy

At times it is necessary to look within our family life and make significant changes to improve relationships, manage stress better, manage difficult behaviours or get life functioning smoothly again.

Family therapy involves a whole family, or certain family members, all meeting with a therapist. Family therapy can be helpful if a family is having problems getting along. It can also be used with one family member has a problem, and family relationships may be contributing to or maintaining the problem. In many cases the problem may be exhibited by a child, but this is not always the case.


Call and speak with Mudgee Psychology if you think family therapy may be an option for your family.