At times dealing with day to day challenges and stressors can become overwhelming and difficult.
Consulting with a psychologist at these times can be a valuable way to minimise the disruption and impact of such times. It also offers an opportunity to develop new skills, greater self awareness and build resilience.
In these instances often only 2-4 sessions is required, as a short-term solution focused approach is adopted by the psychologist and sessions are practical and goal oriented.
Areas covered may include:
- Work-life balance
- Parenting skills training and child behaviour management
- Building confidence and self-worth
- Facing fears and achieving your goals
- Improving relationships
- Assertiveness skills and dealing with conflict
- Stress management skills
- Career and vocational guidance
- Weight management and physical health
- Time management and organisational skills